Key Take Aways
- Implementing digital technology into your dealership’s car sales process is a highly effective way to connect with customers on a personal level and customize their experience.
- Improving customer engagement is paramount because customers who are more engaged with your dealership are likely to return again and again when they need a new vehicle.
- Digital technology is changing the way organizations do business and when you capitalize properly on the advantages technology offers, dealerships will see increased car sales and boosted customer loyalty.
Implementing digital technology into your dealership’s car sales process is a highly effective way to connect with customers on a personal level and customize their experience. Your customers have come to expect this level of service in the interactions they have with brands. This includes automotive dealerships.
Improving customer engagement is paramount because customers who are more engaged with your dealership are likely to return again and again when they need a new vehicle. While digital technology is an effective way to encourage customer interaction, its impact depends on whether it is the right kind of technology.
Creating a differentiated digital online experience for your customers that motivates them to come to your sales lot and ultimately make a purchase is tricky. The vast majority of shoppers are underwhelmed with dealers’ websites and consider them average at best.
Fortunately, TEXT2DRIVE™, a full-featured communications platform designed specifically for automotive dealerships, includes INTERACT™. It is a suite of dynamic text message website widgets that offer major benefits to your sales department.
Direct Communication With Your Sales Department
The best way to build customer engagement is to connect them directly to your sales associates. INTERACT™ text message features are compatible with any platform and device and give your customers the ability to connect with your sales staff in a variety of ways:
TEXTconnect – Customers can contact any employee by clicking on their photo
TEXTvehicle – Information about vehicles in which customers are interested is sent to their phone via text message
LIVEchat – Customers have the ability to chat instantly with a staff member during the times you dictate
TEXTmarketing – Your customers can receive special offers via text message when they opt in for communications from your dealership
A Phenomenal Experience Your Customers Will Appreciate
Customer satisfaction index (CSI) scores are proven to supercharge vehicle sales and improve customers’ perceptions of your dealership. Being able to interact with your sales staff in a personal way will make a positive impact on your CSI scores and nurture brand loyalty.
TEXT2DRIVE includes many ways to interact with customers through text messaging. Communicating with customers via text message increases car sales for the following reasons:
- Your staff does not need to wait for the customer to respond after texting them information about cars for sale
- Text messaging gives your sales associates the ability to get information to many people simultaneously
- Customers appreciate the simplicity and transparency of text communications
- Text messaging allows for an open, trusting relationship between your sales associate and customers
- All text message conversations held via TEXT2DRIVE are recorded and saved, allowing sales managers to access and review them at any time
Digital technology is changing the way organizations do business and the automotive industry is no exception. When you capitalize properly on the advantages this technology offers, you will increase car sales and boost customer loyalty.